Best of Kenya Wildlife Explorer Safari
This is a 7 days/06 night’s Wild life Tours that takes you to the famous parks and game reserves in Kenya. This tour takes you to the Tsavo National Parks, Amboseli National Park, Lake Elementaita and finally to the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve. On this tour you expect to see a lot of wildlife, bird life, plant life and beautiful sceneries. It is a tour with great memories that you will cherish for a life time.
The tour begins and ends in Nairobi. Come adventure with us.
Day 1 Nairobi: Tsavo East National Park
You will be picked up by 0700hrs from your hotel in Nairobi or the airport and drive through Nairobi -Mombasa high way and then drive to Mtito Andei Gate which is the entrance to Tsavo East National park. You are expected to arrive in good time for late Lunch at the lodge.
After lunch you will check in to your rooms and later take an afternoon game drive that will take you around the park for you to enjoy the scenery as you see the attractions in this park.
You will the later return to the lodge in good time for Dinner as you enjoy the evening entertainment from the local dancers or have the evening at leisure.
Accommodation on Full board Basis at the lodge.
Tsavo East National Park is on the South East of Kenya, it is separated from Tsavo West National park with the Nairobi-Mombasa highway. Tsavo is about 428 kms from Nairobi, this is about 4 hrs. 30 minutes’ drive from Nairobi. This park forms the largest protected area in Kenya. The park is known for the sight of dust-red elephant wallowing, rolling and spraying each other with the waters of the Galana River.
Other great attractions include:
- The 300 kilometer long Yatta Plateau, which is the longest lava flow in the world
- Lugard Falls on River Galana. It is a series of rapids that makes it look like a falls but it is not a true falls.
- Mudanda Rock which is an outcrop rock that stretches about 1.6 kms long. It has a dam at the base and this attracts animals to come and drink.
- Aruba Dam which was built in 1952 across the Voi River.
- mammals, vast herds of dust –red elephant, Rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, pods of hippo, crocodiles, waterbucks, lesser Kudu
- Prolific bird life features 500 recorded species including migratory birds of prey. Buzzards’ birds stop at this park during their long flight to the south. These are just but a few of the attractions that you expect to see while visiting this park.
Day 2: Tsavo East National Park- Tsavo West National Park
After an early breakfast, you will embark to the tour van for an early morning game drive. This game drive will enable you to see most of the animals in the park. You will also be able to visit other attractions in the park that you did not manage to visit the previous day.
You are expected back to the lodge in good time to check out and have lunch. After Lunch you will embark into your tour bus and drive to Mtito Andei gate to Tsavo west National Park.
You will then check in to your rooms and later take an afternoon game drive that will show you the best of Tsavo West National Park
Tsavo West National Park is separated from Tsavo East National Park by the Nairobi-Mombasa Highway. It is commonly referred to as “Land of Lava, Springs & Man-Eaters” because this are the main attractions in this park.in summary Tsavo West is a beautiful, rugged wilderness that you do not want to miss the experience.
There are several attractions in this park:
- From Lake Jipe, on the Tanzanian border, to the mountain forests of the Chyulu Hills, this wide range of landscape offers protection to many endangered African wildlife including the black rhinoceros, Cosen’s gerbil, Hunter’s hartebeest, several species of shrew and rat, Gravy’s zebra and wild dogs. You will also see other animals like the Red-skinned Elephant, the African Man eaters (Lions) and several others.
- Mzima Springs is at the north end of Tsavo West. Water from the Chyulu Hills runs from beneath the lava ridge and forms several natural pools. Fringed with palm trees, these pools are popular watering holes for birds and African wildlife. Hippos bathe underwater here and it’s a beautiful scenario to watch.
- Shetani Lava Flows and Caves. Shetani is a Swahili word meaning evil. It is a description of the place that is covered with lava flow. No sound of bird or anything, it is just desolate. The lava flow happened approximately 2040 years ago. It is 8 kms long, 1.6 km wide and 5m in depth.Someone said If you want to see what the world was like when it was being formed, visit the Shetani lava flow
- Bird watching, featuring many migratory birds including African skimmers, red and yellow bishops, goshawks, buffalo weavers and palm nut vultures, to name a few. The swamps on Lake Jipe and the acacia woodlands also attract many birds. In fact, over 500 bird species have been recorded in the park, including ostriches, kestrels, buzzards, starlings, weavers, kingfishers, hornbills, secretary birds and herons.
- The cliff faces in Tsavo West offer some of the best rock climbing in Kenya.
You are expected back to the lodge in good time for dinner and the evening entertainment from the Kenyan local dancers or have the rest of the evening at leisure.
Accommodation on Full board basis at the Lodge
Day 3: Tsavo West National Park- Amboseli National Park
On this day you will take an early morning game drive within the National parks to be able to visit the attractions that you were not able to visit the previous evening. You will carry your packed lunch that you will have en route as you drive to Chyulu gate to enter Amboseli National Park. You will have a proper view of the Shetani Lava flow as you drive on.
Amboseli National park is about 2 hrs. drive away from Tsavo West National Park and so you are expected to arrive in good time check in and have sometime at leisure where you can enjoy the facility at the lodge. You will later take an evening game drive that will show you the best of Amboseli.
Amboseli sits on the lower slopes of mighty Mount Kilimanjaro – Africa’s highest mountain – whose peak lies across the border in Tanzania. It is quite an experience to see Kilimanjaro hovering above the clouds in an early morning.
The animal pictures arising against the dramatic backdrop of the mountain will thrill the photography enthusiast. Amboseli is renowned for its huge elephant herds. You will also see buffalo, black rhino, zebra, wildebeest and other plain animals.
Some of the attractions in this park are: Wildlife: You can be able to see all the big five and the small five in this park. it is famous for being the best place in Africa to get close to free-ranging elephants. Bird watching and Spectacular views of the snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro
You are expected to be back in the lodge in good time for Dinner and entertainment from the lodge or just have the evening at leisure.
Accommodation on Full Board basis at the Lodge
Day 4: Amboseli – Lake Elementaita
On this day you will take an early morning departure since your destination is about 6 hrs drive. You will take your packed lunch so you can have enough time to stop at the attractions along the drive.
At 0700 hrs. you will embark on your tour van and drive out on Amboseli national park through Emali town and finally to Nairobi- Mombasa high way that will take you to Nairobi. You will keep on driving through the Uhuru highway via Limuru on the Nairobi-Nakuru road. You will get to the Great Rift Valley view point where you will stop and take a view of the Great Rift Valley. You will then proceed via Naivasha town and finally to Elementaita.
You will be received at the lodge where you will check in to the rooms and have the rest of the evening at leisure. You can take a walk to the Lake Elementaita lodge or just enjoy the breeze and the facilities offered by the lodge.
Lake Elementaita is a soda lake in the Great Rift Valley, about 120 km northwest of Nairobi. Most of Lake Elementaita is part of the Soysambu Conservancy which is a non-profit organization setup by the Delamere family. This conservancy is dedicated to preserving the flora and fauna of the lake and surrounding area. While staying here you can do activities such as day and night game drives, bush walks and bird watching. Some of the animals that you expect to see are: Bat-eared foxes, striped hyenas, eagle owls, elusive leopards and many more.
Accommodation on full board basis at the lodge.
Day 5: Lake Elementaita-Masai Mara
After breakfast, you will depart from Lake Elementaita and drive on via Narok Town to the famous and seventh wonder of the world, the Masai Mara Game reserve.
You are expected to arrive at the lodge in good time for Lunch, check into your rooms and have the rest of the time at leisure. You will later do an evening game drive that will give you a taste of the mara.
The Mara offers wildlife in such variety and abundance that it is difficult to believe: over 450 species of animals have been recorded here. You will easily see lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephant. It is in the Mara that perhaps the most spectacular event of the natural world takes place. This is the annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture. Following on their heels are the predators of the savanna- lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures. This event has made the Mara so popular that it was gazette the seventh wonder of the world.
You are expected back to the lodge in good time for dinner and have the rest of the evening at leisure or enjoy the entertainment from the lodge.
Dinner and overnight at the Lodge
Day 6: Masai Mara Game Reserve
You have an option of taking a balloon safari or a visit to the Masai bomas at an extra cost that is not included in this package.
In the evening you will embark to your tour bus for an evening game drive and return to the lodge in good time for dinner and have the rest of the evening at leisure as you enjoy the lodge facilities and entertainment.
Dinner and overnight at the Lodge
Day 7: Masai Mara- Nairobi
You will arrive in Nairobi in good time to be transferred to the airport for your flight back home or for an overnight in Nairobi depending on your flight departure time.
If you have a later flight, you have an option of doing a Nairobi city tour and or dinner at an extra cost that is not part of the itinerary.